can’t decide if I want a tattoo sleeve or a career
If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?
This line encapsulates the concept of a good kid in a bad city, and it cuts into one of the most moral questions in human existence: Can good come from evil? The best part about the line, as is true of the best poetry, is that it doesn’t answer the question it asks. For Kendrick’s immediate purposes, he’s the flower and the city is the dark room. The question is: Can you trust him?
- job interviewer: why should you get the job?
- me: i know a lot about horror movies.
- me: oh and serial killers
- me: and autopsies
- me: let's not forget fictional serial killers
- me: and execution methods
- me: oh oh and 100 ways to kill someone
- me: and hide a body without being discovered by the police.
- me: ever.
- job interviewer: but this is mcdonalds
- job interviewer:
- job interviewer: *sweats nervously*
- me: well this is awkward